Home / Learning Outcomes / Institutional Learning Outcomes
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Caltech provides an outstanding education that prepares students to become world leaders in science, engineering, academia, industry, and public service. The Institute aims for these educational outcomes:
- Graduates can analyze, synthesize, and communicate ideas.
- Graduates demonstrate integrity, personal and professional responsibility, and respect for others.
- Bachelor of Science graduates can identify, analyze, and solve challenging problems within and across science and engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science graduates can apply their analytic skills to other areas of knowledge and understand issues important in our society.
- Master of Science graduates can apply advanced knowledge in a specialized area in preparation for their professional careers.
- Doctor of Philosophy graduates can independently identify, analyze, and solve fundamental research problems with breadth and depth.