Home / Policies and Recommendations
Policies and Recommendations
- Midterms are scheduled for May 1 - 7, 2019. If a course has a midterm, homework should not be scheduled during this time period.
- The due dates for final exams in Spring Term are June 5 - 7, 2019 for seniors and June 12 - 14, 2019 for all other undergraduates. For courses with final exams, homework should not be scheduled during the study or exam period.
- The Registrar's Office has a master schedule for core courses and large courses, which can be found at https://www.registrar.caltech.edu/. To minimize conflicts with these courses, faculty are encouraged to schedule MWF courses to start on the hour; TTh courses should start at 9 am; 10:30 am; 1 pm; and 2:30 pm.
- Faculty are reminded to leave the 12-1 pm and the 4-7 pm time slots open so that students can have time for meals and can participate in extracurricular activities.
- CUE also encourages faculty to submit the syllabus for the course they are teaching each term. If you would like to place your course syllabus and/or a collaboration policy on Caltech's course schedule, please send either the documents or the URL where you currently have them posted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Caltech's course schedule is web-based and can contain links to course syllabi and collaboration policies to make it easier for students to access this information from one central location.