Committee on Undergraduate Education
The purpose of the Committee on Undergraduate Education, which reports to the Provost, is as follows:
- coordinate relevant faculty board committees to improve the education at Caltech for undergraduates;
- provide a forum for analyzing and discussing the undergraduate academic issues that supersede any one faculty committee;
- provide oversight on issues associated with undergraduate teaching;
- work with the Academics and Research Committee (ARC) to organize, coordinate and facilitate follow-up to the biennial Student Faculty Conference and on other issues of mutual interest;
- assist with accreditation reviews.
The Committee Chair will be the Vice Provost overseeing academic issues. The Committee will be comprised of:
- the Chair of the Faculty
- chairs of the following faculty board committees - Undergraduate Academic Standards and Honors Committee, the Core Curriculum Steering Committee, the Curriculum Committee, and the Academic Policies Committee;
- the Vice President for Student Affairs;
- the Dean of Undergraduate Students;
- the Registrar;
- the Director of the Center for Teaching, Learning and Outreach
- the student chair of the Academics and Research Committee, plus two additional student representatives;
- at least one faculty member from each Division.